A few years ago I saw a girl I knew from school at the park with a fantastic patchwork quilt of many colors. I loved it and have wanted one ever since. Last summer the public library in my hometown had several quilts rallied off. I bought a few tickets, but didn't win a quilt. Now, I have finally found the quilt of my dreams. Sadly it is on someone else's bed.

image found through Sweet Sweet Life

I love the color and different patterns (source)
Anyone know where to get a great quilt like that?
hey mandy, i got it at a local consignment shop . . . lucky, lucky me, and my daughter:)! a lovely older lady brought it in while i was standing at the counter paying for something else -- i was really lucky, and heard its history: that lady's grandmother made the quilt in the 1930s, along with a bunch of other quilts, so keep your eyes peeled for more:) thanks for posting my daughter's room! lynn-anne x
ReplyDeletevery jealous of you and your daughter. thanks for letting me know. i'll have to go on a search.
ReplyDeletethe room is lovely. i wish i grew up in something like that
i really really really adore your blog. i've read the four most recent posts and they're so fun, realistic, yet dreamy! please follow my blog.
ReplyDeletexoxox
thanks so much!
ReplyDeletelovely pics
ReplyDeleteyour blog is great!
xxx
I'm on a similar search right now...hopefully one will pop up before college hits me. :D
ReplyDeletethanks for the comments!
ReplyDeleteyeah, I would love to have one to bring some more color into my dorm. it can get pretty bleak
You could always make your own. If you do a tie quilt instead of a quilted quilt, it doesn't take long at all. It's just a bunch of squares sewn together - You can do it! Plus if you make your own, you get to pick out all your favorite fabrics.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to look into that. I'd love to be able to make my own, and you're right about the fabric.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea!