Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ideas

My dorm room is quiet ugly with it's drab florescent lighting and marked up white walls. To cover up some of the holes and add some cheer, I decided to make an idea wall. There are always lots of things I want to do/make, so I thought this would be a good way to keep track of them all. Originally it was hung over the second bed (I live in a double by myself so there are two beds), but last night I decided to move it to over the desk.


I used color squares (inspired by Color Me Katie's use of color paper to cover walls) I had to add some brightness, but I still am not happy with it. I think I need brighter paper. For now it will remain like this (and honestly it will probably stay like this until next semester since I have only three more weeks here).

Do you have any tips on how to cheaply and easily pretty up a dreary dorm? I find that adding light (I have a desk lamp, string lights, a wall push light, a clip lamp, and a stand lamp-though I don't use them all at the same time) and posting paper, quotes, mail, and ideas to the wall seems to help.

Some of the ideas on the idea wall include:
-a year in photos (I plan on adding this to the 19 things list)
-keep a list journal (begun)
-make a memory case (begun)
-paint splattered leggings (I have a pair with paint smudges so I figured I might as well go all out with them)
-quote journal (in the works)
-inspiration pocket book (purchased but still blank)
-a story a month (failed, but will restart for 19 things list)
-clip board wall hanging (done)
-stranger/people photo project (aka project #1. Since the first person, I have photographed two people (though I am very close to them and not at all strangers). Sadly, that is all I have done. Maybe I'll put a challenge on my 19 things list to jump start this again.

This is my craft/project/challenge/create list. I add to it whenever I get idea, which means I don't work on all of them all the time. Some will be forgotten, but hopefully more than that will be finished. Either way, it's a nice way to remember all that I want to do, and to prompt me to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment