Sunday, April 18, 2010

Old Books

decorative covers

yellowing pages

wear marks

and that old musty smell

I picked up several old books from the library for a school project. I love old books. At my grandmother's old house there a basement room that had a wall dedicated to books. I think (sadly) we got rid of most of them, but I remember going down there and looking through them. I wasn't always a big reader, but I always loved books. The covers were bright colors worn with age and they all had the musty old book smell. I hope when I'm old I have lots of books for my grandchildren to play with.

4 comments:

  1. I know, that teepee is adorable! Hope mine turns out the same. I must agree with you on old books. They've just got so much history & character to them. The mustier the smell, the older the book! I was never really a reader either, but there's just something about books that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do have character. Especially library books since they have been used so much by different people

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE old books. :) but i prefer paperback. i wonder if my grandkids will like my paperback books. or wish i was one of those cool grandma's who had hardbacks with character...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. i'm sure they will! paperbacks still have character

    ReplyDelete