Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Art Project


For my art appreciation final we have to make a piece of art that represents a culture or an artist. The professor gave us a list of several to choose from and I decided on stained glass. I'm no artist, but my mom had taken a stained glass class before and it sounded fun (plus you don't have to draw or paint anything).

This is the glass. Very pretty

With Mom's instruction I was able to cut out all the different parts (with a few mistakes) and start on the grinding. I have a lot of grinding to do, but it's fun.

These are left over pieces from Mom's previous projects. I love the colors. Hopefully when we get enough we can make a mosaic.

I am only part way done, but I am having fun and it is not as hard as I thought it would be. When it's finished I will post a photo step by step to show you the process. It will probably wait till I get back to school though, because it takes photos forever to upload here. It is nice to be making something.

No comments:

Post a Comment